Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room - Baglioni Rate
Deluxe Room - Baglioni smart
Junior Suite - Baglioni Smart
Suite, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds - Baglioni Smart
Opulent Venice hotel next to St Mark's square
By Grand Canal
Regarded as Venice's first lodging, this hotel dates from the 12th century and lies just 50 metres from St Mark's Square, facing a small canal which leads to the Grand Canal 75 metres away.
The breakfast room features 18th-century ceiling frescoes from Giambattista Tiepolo's school; guests of the Luna Hotel Baglioni can dine on Italian and Venetian specialities in the restaurant.
Guestrooms feature 18th-century-style Venetian and French decor, including silk-damask walls and Murano glass chandeliers, all include TVs with satellite channels, safes, minibars, and wireless Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Over the centuries the Luna Hotel Baglioni has been renovated many times, most recently in 2005-06. In the 18th century, for instance, students of Gianbattista Tiepolo embellished the building with frescoes, some of which survive in the opulent reception-and-breakfast salon called the Marco Polo Room.
Guest services include wireless Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center and concierges who assist in making restaurant reservations and booking tours.
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Banquet facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 104
- Multilingual staff
- Shopping on site
- Currency exchange
- Laundry facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 5
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Business services
- Wedding services
- Event catering
- Fireplace in lobby
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- One meeting/conference room
- Luggage storage
- Medical assistance available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Tour assistance
- 24-hour business center
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Plasma TV
Canova - Ornate fine-dining restaurant overlooking San Marco Lagoon. Serves Italian and Venetian specialties such as Tagliolini with Scampi, Seabass with Artichokes and Chives, and Veal Scallops in Gorgonzola Sauce. Open for lunch and dinner daily.
Marco Polo Room - Breakfast salon featuring Murano-glass chandeliers, gilded mirrors, fresh flowers, and 18th-century ceiling frescoes from Giambattista Tiepolo's school. American buffet breakfast (surcharge) served daily.
Caffè Baglioni - Canal-view bar-lounge with molded ceiling, orange silk-damask walls, floral brocade chairs, and marble floor, providing views of side canal and the Royal Garden of St Mark's. Open mid-morning to late night for appetisers, salads, sandwiches, desserts, and cocktails.
The Lido, a slender, 11-kilometre-long island facing the Adriatic Sea, lies a 15-minute water-bus ride east of historical Venice's centre. In summer it becomes the city's playground, when beaches and water sports draw visitors and Venetians alike. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, take horseback rides, and play golf, tennis, and volleyball. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fishing nearby
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property (check Mandatory Fees and Taxes section for fee details). This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. A 30% reduction applies for 2014: from 1 to 31 January and from 1 to 31 December.
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 11-15 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 40 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 14 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: EUR 14 per day (rates may vary)
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- Luna Hotel Baglioni is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.