Book your room at Schoone Oordt Country House
5-star luxury country house in Swellendam with an outdoor pool
Situated in the historical district, this luxury country house is close to Dutch Reformed Church Swellendam, Drostdy Museum, and Marloth Nature Reserve. Area attractions also include Bontebok National Park.
In addition to a restaurant, Schoone Oordt Country House features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature fireplaces, complimentary wireless Internet access, and refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The country house offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A complimentary breakfast is offered each morning. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This luxury country house also offers an outdoor pool, a garden, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
Schoone Oordt Country House has designated areas for smoking.
- Year Built 1853
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 10
- Number of floors - 2
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Designated smoking areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Outdoor pool
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free reception
- Free self parking
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- DVD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe
- Climate control
- In-room massage available
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
A complimentary full breakfast is served each morning between 8 AM and 10 AM.
Conservatory Restaurant - Overlooking the garden, this fine-dining restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required. Open select days.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 500.00
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: ZAR 250.00 (from 6 to 10 years old)
- Christmas Day (25 December) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 450.00
- Christmas Day (25 December) Gala Dinner per child: ZAR 250.00 (from 6 to 10 years old)
- Valentine's Day (14 February) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 450.00
- Valentine's Day (14 February) Gala Dinner per child: ZAR 250.00 (from 6 to 10 years old)
- Resort fee
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.