Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, No View
Standard Room, Partial Sea View
Cliff-top Pismo Beach hotel on Shell Beach
Surf and turf
Perched on a cliff 150 feet above the Pacific Ocean, this hotel is one mile north of the Central Coast's popular Pismo Beach and 10 miles from historic downtown San Luis Obispo.
The ocean-view pool includes a terrace that accommodates weddings; the fitness center also provides ocean views; a spa is on site.
Variety of views
In each spacious guestroom at The Cliffs, a balcony or patio offers views of the ocean, pool, or cliffs and coastal mountains.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Cliffs' 6,750-square-foot oceanfront terrace and a heated splash pool are open year-round. From late spring through summer, a pool attendant provides sun block, towels, hula hoops, beach toys, and radios/CD players; cocktails and snacks are also available seasonally. A wooden staircase leads to semi-private Shell Beach. Guests can indulge themself in the Cliff's Spa, featuring a spa tub and therapeutic and relaxing treatments in spacious treatment rooms.
Complimentary shuttle service to and from the San Luis Obispo train station, airport, and downtown shopping area is available by advance request.
The 24-hour fitness center is equipped with TVs, treadmills, stationary cycles, elliptical, weights and sauna.
The "Dogs in the Lap of Luxury" program allows dogs of any size in Non-Oceanview Rooms (surcharge). This Pismo Beach resort offers dog beds, bowls, and collars.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Spa tub
- Spa services on site
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Valet parking
- Free parking
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 5
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Picnic area
- Fireplace in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Business center
- Wedding services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 160
- Room service (limited hours)
- Meeting facilities size (feet) -
- Smoke-free property
- Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- CD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Shower/tub combination
- Bathroom phone
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Daily housekeeping
- Ocean view
- Pool view
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
Marisol Restaurant - Marisol, or "The Sun and the Sea," marries California Coastal Cuisine and Modern Latin Flavors. All dishes feature produce from local farmers, seafood fresh from local fishermen, and naturally raised meats and poultry. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
SeaCliffs Lounge - Sports lounge/weekend dance club with DJs, weeknight happy hour specials, and light meals. Central Coast wines are available by the glass. A wraparound deck offers views of the ocean and pool area.
A year-round splash pool and spa tub are located on the ocean-view terrace, and a sauna is adjacent. Pool towels are provided. Swimming is popular at semi-private Shell Beach, accessible via stairway.
The Cliffs' 24-hour fitness center is equipped with TVs, treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines, weights, and locker rooms.
Two public tennis courts are less than a mile away. Golf courses within 15 miles of the resort include Cypress Ridge, Black Lake Championship, and Avila Beach. Winery tours can be arranged at 65 locations within 50 miles of the resort.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel in the Pismo Beach area; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Bird watching on site
- Swimming on site
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests traveling with dogs are required to contact the hotel in advance of arrival to ensure availability of a pet-friendly room at check-in. Pets are permitted in Non-Oceanview Room categories only. Guests can contact the hotel by using the number provided in the booking confirmation email.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
Early departure fee charged
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 15 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Children's club/arcade access
- Airport shuttle
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access (may be limited)
- In-room coffee
- Concierge/valet service
- Self parking
- Valet parking
- Additional inclusions
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 55 per room, per stay
- Additional Details
This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Spa Package Promotion - Rate includes the following:
- Accommodations as selected
- Two 50-minute massage treatments per stay