Please enter your travel dates.
Prominent hotel in San Antonio's downtown history
Close to Alamo
Across the street from the Majestic Theater and the Riverwalk, this 1909 hotel once served cattle and oil barons; the Alamo is four blocks away.
Sheraton Gunter Hotel maintains the aura of the Old West. The lobby features the original barbershop, switchboard, and a photo of Western star Tom Mix checking in on his horse.
Sweet Sleeper Beds
The 322 nonsmoking guestrooms offer city views and Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, which feature custom plush-top mattress sets with fleece blankets, plump duvets, and five down pillows.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio is a smoke-free property situated across the street from the Riverwalk. The hotel's ballroom and conference rooms can accommodate up to 500 people for business events and weddings. A staffed business center and a wedding specialist are on site.
The fitness center has an ample selection of cardio equipment and a weight machine along with an outdoor pool and spa tub.
Wireless Internet access is complimentary in the lobby.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Spa tub
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Computer rental
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 322
- 24-hour front desk
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Year Built 1909
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 9
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Multi-line phone
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Window opens
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Barron's - Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lunch includes a fresh pasta bar and a salad bar with soup and a selection of the restaurant's own baked breads. Dinner specialties include grilled Norwegian salmon.
McLeod's - The hotel's Victorian pub has leaded-glass windows, a large oak bar with brass railings, and red leather stools. Open each evening for drinks and hot hors d'oeuvres, it offers a large-screen TV.
Sheraton Gunter Bakery - This bakery has been turning out its own fresh baked goods for decades, and a Starbucks bar is a recent addition. Items include croissants, cheesecake, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 60
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 10.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per day (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per stay