Book your room at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
Historic resort hotel overlooking Old Quebec
Bounded by shops and restaurants, this heritage urban resort is situated on a bluff with views of the St. Lawrence River and Quebec City's Old Town, near the Gare Fluviale de Québec, and one block from a historical 19th-century fortress.
Wireless Internet in public spaces complements gilded architectural embellishments at the 18-story Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, constructed in 1893.
Unique configurations prevail in the Fairmont's 611 guestrooms, which offer antique-style furnishings, bathrobes, and premium amenities and bedding.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
The Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, a heritage urban resort, is among the signature architectural structures in Québec City.
A city within a city, this stylish Fairmont Le Château Frontenac offers its guests a wide variety of business and recreational amenities, such as wireless Internet access (surcharge) in public spaces, and a 48-foot (14.6-meter) indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and children's wading pool.
Other highlights include a business center, sauna, hair salon, 2 restaurants, a bar, and concierge services. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, 2 exercise bikes, 2 treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
The Spa du Château spa offers massages; facial and body treatments, including wraps; and manicures and pedicures. The attentive staff employs high service standards. The hotel also allows pets (surcharge).
- Indoor pool
- Children's pool
- Spa tub
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Business center
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 611
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 18
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Ski storage
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wedding services
- Full-service spa
- Ski shuttle (surcharge)
- Year Built 1893
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access (17 CAD per 24 hours surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access (17 CAD per 24 hours surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Champlain Restaurant - Open for breakfast each morning; à la carte not available. Dinner Tuesday-Sunday.
Bistro Le Sam - light menu items available for lunch and dinner
1608 - Wine & cheese bar open daily
Starbucks - Light meals, including pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads, are offered from early morning to sunset in this casual café on the promenade level of the hotel.
Nearby Things to Do
This Quebec hotel offers its guests extensive recreational opportunities, including a 48-foot indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and a children's wading pool. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, two exercise bikes, two treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
Guests can enjoy the on-site toboggan run. An outdoor ice rink, open in winter, is within walking distance. It is also possible to cross-country ski on the Plains of Abraham, an expansive park located less than a mile from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Relax and unwind at the hotel's Spa du Château.
- Prenatal massage
- Steam room in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 32 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 35 per night
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 50 per day
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 50 per day
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List and the 2014 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.