Please enter your travel dates.
Downtown Ottawa hotel with pool, near Parliament Hill
Near Parliament Hill
Bordering the Sparks Street Pedestrian Mall, this downtown hotel is 4 blocks from Parliament Hill, 4 blocks from the Canadian War Museum, and 8 blocks from ByWard Market shopping and nightlife.
This family-friendly hotel has a 115-foot waterslide (open every day in the summer and weekends only for the rest of the year), indoor pool, children's creative center, fitness room, and spa tubs.
Contemporary guestrooms feature high-speed Internet access, complimentary newspapers, and windows that open. Suites include microwaves and compact refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The National Hotel & Suites, an Ascend Collection hotel is centrally located for easy access to a number of downtown Ottawa attractions, including the Sparks Street Pedestrian Mall (adjacent); Parliament Hill (4 blocks); the shopping, dining, and nightlife of the ByWard Market area (10 blocks); and the National Gallery of Art (12 blocks).
The hotel's star attraction is its 115-foot (35-meter) heated waterslide, which is open daily in summer and on weekends the rest of the year. Other family-friendly features include an indoor swimming pool and children's creative center. An extensive fitness center includes numerous types of cardio machines, weight machines and free weights, and a locker room with towel service. Also on site are a spa tub, men's and women's saunas, and a 24-hour business center.
Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. National Hotel & Suites is a non-smoking property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- One meeting/conference room
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 18
- Total number of rooms - 328
- Parking garage
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1977
- 24-hour business center
- Security guard
- Spa tub
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning
- Satellite TV service
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Pay movies
- Sewing kit
- Shower/tub combination
- Private bathroom
- Turndown service (on request)
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
Sparks - Serves Canadian cuisine, such as Lobster Poutine and Prairie Salad, in a comfortable atmosphere great for business or pleasure. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Room service is available from early morning until late night, except Sunday evenings. Holiday hours vary.
The hotel offers a 115-foot waterslide (open daily during the summer and at weekends the rest of the year), indoor pool, fitness center, spa tub, and men's and women's saunas.
Located six blocks from the hotel and built in 1832, the Rideau Canal is the oldest continuously operated canal in North America. In winter, the frozen canal is billed as the world's longest skating rink at 7.75 km (4.75 mi) long. In summer the canal is a great spot for boating, while walkers, joggers, inline skaters, and cyclists can enjoy the paths that line the canal's banks. Another running path continuing along the Ottawa River is a block from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Boating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests driving to the property should check the hotel website for instructions or contact this property in advance due to extensive construction work in the city core. Please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 2, Pet maximum weight in lb is 50
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 19 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Parking height restrictions apply
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 7.99-14.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 19.50 per night
- Pet fee: CAD 35 per stay (maximum CAD 70 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 10 per night
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Complimentary meals for kids
Children ages six and younger eat complimentary meals at Sparks Lounge when accompanied by a paying adult.