Please enter your travel dates.
Supreme Room with Residential Views
- One Queen Bed
Premier Room, City View
- One Queen Bed
- One Queen and One Single Bed
- One Queen Bed
4-star Art Deco hotel in Launceston with a conference center
Located in the city center of Launceston, this hotel is near the airport and within walking distance of Quadrant Mall and Albert Hall Convention Centre. Also nearby are Brisbane Street Mall and Launceston Aquatic.
In addition to a bar/lounge, Balmoral On York provides a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
LCD televisions include premium satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature beds with Tempur-Pedic mattresses, complimentary wireless Internet access, and refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business amenities at this 4-star property consist of a business center, secretarial services, and audiovisual equipment.
High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 200 square feet (19 square meters) include a conference center, a meeting/conference room, and exhibit space. This Art Deco hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and coffee/tea in the lobby. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle at scheduled times is offered to guests. Complimentary parking is available on site. The property may provide extended parking privileges to guests after check-out (surcharge).
Balmoral On York is a smoke-free property.
- Street parking (metered)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Coffee shop or café
- Business center
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 37
- Number of floors - 4
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- One meeting/conference room
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Free parking
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1987
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 200
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 19
- Free guest parking during stay
- Secretarial services
- Self parking
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Conference center
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Self parking, Street parking (metered)
- Room Amenities
- Microwave (on request)
- Free Wi-Fi
- City view
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Handheld showerhead
- Shower only
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Satellite TV service
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Down comforter
- Down blanket
- Garden view
- First-run movies
- Free movie channels
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
- Tempur-Pedic mattress
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 9 AM.
The Garden Terrace - This restaurant overlooks the garden.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10:30 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 19.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 7 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: AUD 7 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: AUD 7 per day (rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 100
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 15 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 30 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Official Australia STAR Rating provided by AAA Tourism Pty Ltd
AAA Tourism Pty Ltd assigns an official STAR Rating for accommodations in Australia. This Motel property is rated 4 stars.