Availability: Balmoral On York
Supreme Room with Residential ViewsMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Premier Room, City ViewMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Studio, BalconyMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 2 infants)
4-star Art Deco hotel in Launceston with a restaurant
Located in the city center of Launceston, this hotel is near the airport and within walking distance of Quadrant Mall and Albert Hall Convention Centre. Also nearby are Brisbane Street Mall and Launceston Aquatic.
In addition to a restaurant, Balmoral On York features a bar/lounge. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café and a conference center.
LCD televisions include premium satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature beds with Tempur-Pedic mattresses, complimentary wireless Internet access, and refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 5 August 2014 to 3 September 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
Balmoral On York Amenities
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 4-star property offers access to a business center and a meeting/conference room.
High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 200 square feet (19 square meters) include a conference center. This Art Deco hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and coffee/tea in the lobby. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle at scheduled times is offered to guests. Complimentary self parking is available on site. The property may provide extended parking privileges to guests after check-out (surcharge).
Balmoral On York has designated areas for smoking.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Coffee shop or café
- Business center
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 37
- Number of floors - 4
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 19
- Free self parking
- Year Built 1987
- Conference space size (feet) - 200
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Conference center
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Microwave (on request)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Down comforter
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
- Tempur-Pedic mattress
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 9 AM.
The Coach House - This restaurant overlooks the garden. Open select days
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Roll-in shower
Balmoral On York Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10:30 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 19.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 7 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 7 per day (rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 100
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 15 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 30 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Official Australia STAR Rating provided by AAA Tourism Pty Ltd
AAA Tourism Pty Ltd assigns an official STAR Rating for accommodations in Australia. This Motel property is rated 4 stars.