Availability: Scandic The Reef
Family RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Standard RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
4-star eco-friendly hotel in Frederikshavn with 4 indoor swimming pools
Situated in the city center, this eco-friendly hotel is close to Krudttarn, Bangsbo Estate, and Frederikshavn Harbour. Local attractions also include Palmestrand Beach and Frederikshavn Golf Club.
In addition to 4 indoor swimming pools, Scandic The Reef features 2 restaurants, bars/lounges, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Televisions come with cable channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, desks, and slippers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities will be closed from 7 September 2014 to 19 September 2014 (dates subject to change):
- Swimming pool
- Water park
Scandic The Reef Amenities
Scandic The Reef features a complimentary water park, 4 indoor swimming pools, and 5 spa tubs along with a waterslide and an indoor pool. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. The property also offers a snack bar/deli. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of hotel's 3 bars/lounges. A complimentary breakfast is offered each morning. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access.
Event facilities measuring 10394 square feet (966 square meters) include conference/meeting rooms and small meeting rooms. This eco-friendly hotel also offers an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge. A total renovation of this property was completed in 2010.
Scandic The Reef is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 210
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of bars/lounges 3
- Free breakfast
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Water park access (complimentary)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Number of indoor pools - 4
- Number of spa tubs - 5
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 966
- Number of meeting rooms - 14
- Year Built 1987
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 10394
- Snack bar/deli
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Guests are offered a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning.
Calypso - This restaurant specializes in Caribbean cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Det Gule Pakhus - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available. Open daily
Lobster Bobs Beach Bar - This poolside bar serves light fare only.
Sundeck Bar - This bar serves light fare only.
Calypso Bar - This bar specializes in Caribbean cuisine and serves light fare only.
4 indoor swimming pools and 5 spa tubs are on site along with an outdoor pool. In addition to an indoor pool, other recreational amenities include a complimentary water park, a waterslide, a spa tub, and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Scandic The Reef Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- A pet fee will be charged
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
Children 4 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Nordic Swan, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.