Availability: Protea Hotel The Winkler
Standard Twin Room, Non SmokingMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Twin Room, SmokingMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Family Room, SmokingMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Executive Suite, SmokingMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
4-star family-friendly hotel in White River with an outdoor pool
This family-friendly hotel is located in the city center, close to Casterbridge Country Shopping. Regional attractions also include Lowveld Botanical Garden.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel The Winkler features an outdoor tennis court. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and a children's club.
Plasma televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, air conditioning, and climate control.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel The Winkler Amenities
Protea Hotel The Winkler features an outdoor tennis court and an outdoor pool. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities measuring 194 square feet (18 square meters) include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. This family-friendly hotel also offers a rooftop terrace, a terrace, and a children's club. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests. Onsite self parking is complimentary. A total renovation of this property was completed in 2010.
Protea Hotel The Winkler has designated areas for smoking.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Rooftop terrace
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Arcade/game room
- Total number of rooms - 87
- Number of floors - 2
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Multilingual staff
- Babysitting or childcare
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free self parking
- Conference space size (feet) - 194
- Conference center
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Outdoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fireplace in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Billiards or pool table
- Children's club
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Outdoor tennis court
- Conference space size (meters) - 18
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Tennis on site
- Television in lobby
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Access via exterior corridors
- Complimentary bottled water
- Satellite TV service
- Turndown service
- Plasma TV
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Wakuja Restaurant - This restaurant overlooks the pool and garden. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor tennis court and an outdoor pool.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Basketball on site
- Playground on site
- Tennis on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Protea Hotel The Winkler Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged