Please enter your travel dates.
Queen Room - Shared Bathroom
- 1 queen
Twin Room - Shared Bathroom
- 2 single
Queen Room - Private Bathroom
- 1 queen
Executive Queen Room
- 1 queen
Melbourne eco-friendly hostel near RMIT University
This eco-friendly hostel is located in the heart of Melbourne, walking distance from Old Melbourne Gaol, RMIT University, and Melbourne Central. Also nearby are Queen Victoria Market and Bourke Street Mall.
In addition to a restaurant, Space Hotel - Backpacker features a spa tub. Other amenities include a rooftop terrace and wireless Internet access (surcharge).
All guestrooms include wireless Internet access (surcharge) and climate control.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hostel offers a restaurant. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Space Hotel - Backpacker features a spa tub and a fitness center. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle. This eco-friendly hostel also offers a rooftop terrace, a library, and tour/ticket assistance. Concierge services, limo/town car service, and currency exchange can be provided.
Space Hotel - Backpacker is a smoke-free property.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 8
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Media library
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Total number of rooms - 92
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Rooftop terrace
- Picnic area
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Tour assistance
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Video library
- Fitness facilities
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Individually furnished
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning at the bar.
Blue Moon Bar - This pub specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Happy hour is offered.
Recreational amenities at the hostel include a spa tub and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Playground nearby
- Table tennis on site
- Rock climbing nearby
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 20
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
This property does not have an official STAR Rating from AAA Tourism Pty Ltd. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.