Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room - Centenary Saver
- 1 queen
Superior Room - Southbank View
- One King Bed
Heritage hotel in convenient downtown Melbourne location
Entertainment district setting
Located in the very heart of the city, the hotel is walking distance to world class shopping, famous theatres, major sporting venues, vibrant entertainment, exceptional restaurants, Crown Casino, and the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre.
Business and fitness centres
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne offers guests a fully-equipped business centre open 24 hours and a state-of-the-art gymnasium.
Desks with high-speed Internet
Guestrooms at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne have desks with telephones, lamps, and high-speed Internet access; cable TVs offer pay movies, and minibars have refrigerators and tea/coffee makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne's The Grill restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Reception and room service are available 24 hours and The Bar is also open from 5 PM until late. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Business travelers are well catered for with a 24-hour business center and a conference center with 10 meetings rooms.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 340
- Audiovisual equipment
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 9
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1913
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Fitness facilities
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Computer station
- Express check-in
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Parking nearby
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 10
- Conference center
- Security guard
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Voice mail
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Cable TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Pillow menu
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
The Grill - International cuisine. À la carte and buffet breakfast with Asian and Western choices. À la carte lunch, and buffet lunch weekdays. À la carte dinner. Wine list. Relaxed, contemporary décor. Located on lower ground floor. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Bar - Serves beer, wine, and cocktails. Coffee and tea. Happy hours. Original heritage Club Reading Room, with dark timber panels and ornate ceilings. Leadlight windows overlook Flinders Street. Sofas, and high stools at bar. Located on first level. Open daily from mid afternoon until late.
The fitness centre at the Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne has free weights, cardio machine, two cycles, treadmill, stepper, and a rowing machine.
There are walking and jogging tracks along the Yarra River just opposite the Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne. Rowing is also available on the Yarra. Aerobics and other gym classes, as well as squash, are on offer at downtown fitness centres within a few blocks of the hotel. The nearest children's playground is at Southbank across the river (500 metres). There is swimming at the City Baths in Swanston Street (1 km). The nearest sailing is at Albert Park Lake (2 km) or Port Melbourne (3 km). St Kilda (7.5 km) is the nearest beach suburb, and offers parasailing, windsurfing, and sailing. Golf can be enjoyed at the Albert Park Golf Course (2 km) or Yarra Bend in Fairfield, about 15 minutes by taxi. For spectator sports, the hotel is located close to the city's major sporting venues: The Telstra Dome (team sports), the Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Rod Laver Arena (tennis). There is ice skating at the Melbourne Music Bowl a short walk from Rod Laver Arena, which also has public tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 28 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 45 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 60 per night
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official Australia STAR Rating provided by AAA Tourism Pty Ltd
AAA Tourism Pty Ltd assigns an official STAR Rating for accommodations in Australia. This Hotel property is rated 4.5 stars.