Please enter your travel dates.
- One Queen Bed
Executive King Suite with Balcony
- One King Bed
Bay View Executive King Suite
- One King Bed
Bay View Deluxe King Studio Suite with Balcony
- One King Bed
5-star luxury hotel in Melbourne with a conference center
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
This hotel made the exclusive Expedia© Insiders' Select™ list, which includes only the very best hotels and resorts on Expedia, as rated by our hundreds of thousands of customers and our in-house experts.
Expedia Insiders' Select methodology:
Expedia Hotel Expert input
Expedia Insiders' Select score
Situated in the entertainment district, this luxury hotel is close to Albert Park Lake, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Crown Casino. Also nearby are Federation Square and St. Kilda Beach.
Art Series-The Blackman provides an area shuttle and a bar/lounge. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café and a conference center.
Guestrooms open to balconies with city or lake views and feature beds with pillowtop mattresses. Other amenities include LCD televisions with premium cable channels and kitchenettes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 5-star property offers access to secretarial services, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment.
A computer station is located on site and wired high-speed Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 3228 square feet (300 square meters) include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, a library, and tour/ticket assistance. A complimentary area shuttle within 5 km is available for guests. The property may provide extended parking privileges to guests after check-out (surcharge).
Art Series-The Blackman is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 209
- Number of floors - 19
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Designated smoking areas
- Concierge services
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Room service (24 hours)
- Conference center
- Secure covered parking (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 300
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 4
- Year Built 2010
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 3228
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Free wired high-speed Internet
Secure covered parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Soundproofed rooms
- Direct-dial phone
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Handheld showerhead
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Clock radio
- Welcome amenities
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- iPod docking station
- Kitchen linens (dishtowels, sponges, etc.)
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Pillowtop mattress
- Pillow menu
- Signature bedding
- LCD TV
- City view
- Lake view
- Window opens
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning in the restaurant between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Fluor Depot de Pain - This café specializes in French cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and brunch.
Classico - This restaurant specializes in Modern European cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
In-room dining choices include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night fare, available from 24-hour room service.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Playground nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: between AUD 10 and AUD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 35 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 60 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
This property does not have an official STAR Rating from AAA Tourism Pty Ltd. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.