Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room, 1 Double Bed
Superior Double Room, 1 King Bed - _Superior
Victorian splendor in London's Bloomsbury
Near British Museum
This imposing Victorian London hotel overlooks the park of Russell Square in the center of Bloomsbury; it is three blocks from the British Museum, and a half-mile from Covent Garden, West End theaters and shopping.
The 1898 hotel keeps many of its original features, such as marble columns and huge chandeliers; amenities include a business center and a clubby bar. The hotel completed refurbishment in 2012.
The Russell Hotel's 373 guestrooms come in various styles, but all have satellite TVs with pay movies and video-game consoles, wireless Internet access, voice mail, windows that open, and hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Russell Hotel's Victorian interior retains many of its original features, including Sicilian marble columns, high vaulted ceilings, huge chandeliers, oak paneling and the grand marble staircase. Modern conference facilities include a full-service business center and the conference rooms, which feature retractable ceiling mounted projectors. The two ballrooms both have 450 capacity theatre-style, one is the traditional and the other is in the contemporary style.
- Concierge desk
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 8
- Currency exchange
- Babysitting or childcare
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tour assistance
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Express check-in
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 371
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1898
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Technology helpdesk
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Sewing kit
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Satellite TV service
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Trouser press
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Window opens
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Tempus Bar & Restaurant at the Hotel Russell opened in summer 2011, offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks in a contemporary environment. With wide open spaces and elegant American Walnut flooring, Tempus offers fresh appeal in the heart of London.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 20.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: GBP 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: GBP 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 30 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30 per night
- Additional Details
Children 9 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.