Availability: YHA Te Anau
One Bed in a Coed Dorm Room for 3 peopleMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
One Bed in a Female Dorm Room for 8 peopleMax Occupancy: 1 guest
One Bed in a Coed Dorm Room for 8 peopleMax Occupancy: 1 guest
One Bed in a Coed Dorm Room for 6 peopleMax Occupancy: 1 guest
One Bed in a Coed Dorm Room for 4 peopleMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Single Room, Shared BathroomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Basic Twin Room, Shared BathroomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Standard Room, 2 Single Beds, Shared BathroomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Double Room, Shared BathroomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
4.5-star eco-friendly hostel in Te Anau with free self parking
Situated in Te Anau, this eco-friendly hostel is close to Fiordland Cinema, Luxmore Jet, and Lake Te Anau. Also nearby are Ivon Wilson Scenic Reserve and Te Anau Wildlife Centre.
YHA Te Anau provides wireless Internet access (surcharge), laundry facilities, free self parking, and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).
Flat-screen televisions come with digital channels. Guestrooms also feature kitchens, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
YHA Te Anau Amenities
YHA Te Anau features tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and multilingual staff. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. This eco-friendly hostel also offers a garden, a picnic area, and laundry facilities. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
YHA Te Anau is a smoke-free property.
- Total number of rooms - 25
- Number of floors - 2
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Picnic area
- Luggage storage
- Free self parking
- Free long-term parking
- Free parking nearby
- Year Built 1950
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free long-term parking, Free self parking, Free parking nearby
- Room Amenities
- DVD player
- Furnished patio
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Shared accommodations
- Full-sized refrigerator/freezer
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site nearby
- Tennis on site
- Volleyball on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
YHA Te Anau Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 8 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Additional towels/sheets fee: NZD 1 per stay
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Qualmark Green, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Backpacker property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.