Please enter your travel dates.
One Bed in a Coed Dorm Room for 8 people
- 1 single
One Bed in a Coed Dorm Room for 6 people
- 1 single
One Bed in a Female Dorm Room for 8 people
- 1 single
One Bed in a Coed Dorm Room for 4 people
- 1 single
4.5-star eco-friendly hostel in Te Anau
Situated in Te Anau, this eco-friendly hostel is close to Fiordland Cinema, Luxmore Jet, and Lake Te Anau. Also nearby are Ivon Wilson Scenic Reserve and Te Anau Wildlife Centre.
YHA Te Anau provides wireless Internet access (surcharge), laundry facilities, an Internet point, and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).
Flat-screen televisions come with digital channels. Guestrooms also feature kitchens, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
YHA Te Anau features tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and multilingual staff. An Internet point is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. This eco-friendly hostel also offers a garden, a picnic area, and laundry facilities.
YHA Te Anau is a smoke-free property.
- Total number of rooms - 25
- Number of floors - 2
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Internet point
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Picnic area
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 1950
- Free outdoor parking
- Free long-term parking
- Free on-street parking
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free long-term parking, Free outdoor parking, Free on-street parking
- Room Amenities
- DVD player
- Furnished patio
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Shared accommodations
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Full-sized refrigerator/freezer
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Dock nearby
- Boating nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Hunting nearby
- Playground nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site nearby
- Tennis on site
- Volleyball on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 8 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Additional towels/sheets fee: NZD 1 per stay
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Qualmark Green, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Backpacker property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.