Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room
Superior, One King Bed
Superior, Two Twin Beds
Deluxe Double Room, Sea View
Stately Edinburgh Georgian hotel on George Street
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Near art gallery
Located amid the shops and restaurants of Edinburgh's fashionable George Street, this hotel is a block from Princes Street and a quarter-mile from the National Gallery.
Guests can dine in the new Tempus Bar and restaurant with local dishes ranging from Buccleuch beef to Loch Fyne Oysters and the bar also operates a more informal menu.
The 249 guestrooms of The George Hotel offer satellite television with pay movie channels, Internet access, direct-dial phones with voice mail, hair dryers, and writing desks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
This centrally located Edinburgh hotel is near the shops and restaurants of Edinburgh's fashionable George Street. A block from Princes Street and a quarter-mile from the National Gallery, The George Hotel is within easy access to the train station, airport, and a convention center. Guests will enjoy the close proximity to museums, art galleries, and Scottish monuments.
The George Hotel offers guests with many services and amenities, ensuring a comfortable stay. Amenities include banquet and exhibit facilities, wedding services, currency exchange, wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge), laundry facilities, and multilingual staff who can provide tour information and ticket assistance.
Business facilities include 8 meeting rooms with audiovisual equipment available, catering, and a business center. Parking is available nearby, at a discounted rate. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a fee and requires 24-hour advance notice.
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 249
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Currency exchange
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Express check-in
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Parking nearby
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Year Built 1880
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Voice mail
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Welcome amenities
- Window opens
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Climate control
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Tempus - Chic restaurant and bar with calm color tones and simple lighting that illuminates the slinky, chilled atmosphere. Offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): GBP 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in all public areas: GBP 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: GBP 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Early check-in fee: GBP 10
- Deposit: GBP 50 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.