Book your room at Marriott Des Moines
Hotel in Des Moines near Science Center of Iowa
Situated in the city center, this hotel is close to Ruan Center, Science Center of Iowa, and Des Moines Botanical Center. Also nearby are Iowa State Capitol Building and 801 Grand.
In addition to 2 restaurants, Marriott Des Moines features an indoor pool. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and a coffee shop/café.
Televisions come with premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature wireless Internet access (surcharge), high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), and air conditioning.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
At your hotel
At your hotel
Marriott Des Moines features an indoor pool and a spa tub. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of a business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measure 25000 square feet (2323 square meters). This business-friendly hotel also offers gift shops/newsstands, concierge services, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary to guests (available on request). Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Marriott Des Moines is a smoke-free property.
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Meeting rooms
- Indoor pool
- Spa tub
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 417
- Express check-in
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Conference space size (feet) - 25000
- Number of floors - 33
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (meters) - 2323
- Number of meeting rooms - 15
- Smoke-free property
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 9.95 USD per day ) , Wired internet access ( 9.95 USD per day )
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Park your car
Valet parking (surcharge)
In your room
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Premium bedding
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Eat and drink
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
Rock River Grill Tavern - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast and lunch.
City Center Lounge - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The fine print for Marriott Des Moines
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
When you leave
Check-out time is noon
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: USD 13 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 20 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 20 per day
- Pet fee: USD 75 per room
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.