Book your room at Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu
4-star luxury hotel in Machu Picchu near Machu Picchu
Situated in the mountains, this luxury hotel is close to Temple of the Condor, Machu Picchu, and Huayna Picchu. Also nearby are Manuel Chavez Ballon Site Museum and Aguas Calientes Hot Springs.
In addition to 2 restaurants, Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu features a bar/lounge. Other amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and a porter/bellhop.
Televisions come with cable channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, climate control, and safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access.
This luxury hotel also offers multilingual staff, gift shops/newsstands, and laundry facilities.
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu is a smoke-free property.
- Total number of rooms - 31
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 1
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 1995
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free breakfast
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Climate control
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Room service
Where to Eat
A complimentary buffet breakfast is served each morning between 5:30 AM and 9 AM.
Tinkuy Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch only.
Tampu Restaurant Bar - This restaurant specializes in Peruvian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Room service is available.
- Aromatherapy treatments
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
No pets or service animals allowed
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: PEN 827
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: PEN 413 (from 3 to 11 years old)
- The national sales tax (18%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Peru regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying in the country for 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners who present a valid passport and Andean Migration Card (Tarjeta Andina de Migración) at check-in are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Guests must transfer via required shuttle to the property. Guests must contact the property at least 72 hours before travel, using the contact information on the confirmation received after booking. Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.