Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room, Resort View
Jimbaran Bay Room
- One King Bed
Deluxe Room, Ocean View
Cliff-top Bali luxury resort overlooking the ocean
Above Jimbaran Bay
77 hectares of cliff-top tropical gardens perched 35 meters above Jimbaran Bay, 4.7 km (2.9 mi) south of Ngurah Rai International Airport. Pura Luhur sea temple at Uluwatu is 14.2 km (8.8 mi) away.
Thermes Marins Bali Spa features saltwater treatments, while Spa on the Rocks sits over the Indian Ocean. The resort also offers freshwater infinity pools and the saltwater Ocean Beach pool.
Guestrooms at Ayana Resort and Spa Bali offer balconies, Balinese-style design, 42-inch flatscreen TVs, and wireless Internet access. Private villas feature plunge pools and outdoor showers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The AYANA Resort and Spa Bali is perched on limestone cliffs above Jimbaran Bay, named after 'a place of refuge' in Sanskrit. The property enjoys majestic views across its coastline including a secluded white-sand beach, yet is just 6.2 miles (10 kilometers) from Bali’s airport.
The expansive resort includes 78 freestanding private villas and a 290-room hotel. The design harmoniously blends traditional Balinese architecture and décor with the latest modern luxury. Tile and alang-alang thatched roofing, distinctive Balinese doors, limestone carvings and a selection of Indonesian arts and antiques complement large marble bathrooms, plush bedrooms and private balconies. The spacious villas include private plunge pools and swim-up relaxation gazebos set within walled courtyard gardens for maximum privacy. The hotel’s superior service standards are based on individual preferences and the understanding that no two guests are the same; the staff are warm, discreet and intuitive while fulfilling the needs of every ‘tamu’, the honorific term the Balinese use to describe every visitor to the island.
Spread out across the property are six cliff-top wedding venues including two all-glass pavilions and the AYANA Wedding Gazebo within the grounds of the AYANA Villa. The 12 dining venues include the iconic Rock Bar built on natural rock 14 meters above the ocean at the base of towering cliffs; ultra-chic Dava restaurant with French cuisine by Chef de Cuisine Jusman So; pan-Asian melting pot of Padi restaurant; cliff-edge Italian at Sami Sami; and sand-floored Kisik seafood restaurant directly over the beach.
Recreational facilities include with swimming pools, a children’s pool and the salt-water Ocean Beach Pool; perfume-making studio; 18-hole golf putting course; tennis pavilion; fitness center; perfume-making studio; children’s center; and retail arcade.
The award-winning Thermes Marins Spa brings together timeless European seawater therapies and traditional Balinese health and beauty treatments. A must for any visit to Bali is a hydrotherapy session in one of the world’s largest Aquatonic Seawater Therapy Pools, supplied directly from the underlying Indian Ocean. The spa also features state-of-the-art hydrotherapy treatment rooms, spacious private spa villas, reflexology and beauty salon, as well as the spectacular Spa on the Rocks treatment villas anchored by rocks amidst the ocean.
AYANA’s comprehensive meeting facilities include seven meeting and conference rooms of varying sizes, the latest video-conferencing technology, resort-wide WiFi and creative staff to organize events to suit any budget.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 368
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 4
- Tennis on site
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Business services
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare
- Pool table
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Free parking
- Secure parking
- Valet parking
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Tour assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Free guest parking during stay
- Supervised childcare/activities
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Secure parking, Valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Ceiling fan
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary bottled water
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Bathroom phone
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room massage available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Padi - Pan-Asian cuisine. 4 open air, thatched-roof pavilions include an open Asian heritage-style kitchen where guests can watch the chefs work. Buffet breakfast and dinner.
Sami Sami - Rustic Italian fare. Open-air restaurant overlooking the Indian ocean. Lunch and dinner.
Kisik Bar and Grill - Fresh seafood and organic salad bar. Outdoor dining with tables in the sand. Dinner.
Dava - Modern international cuisine in a stylish setting. Martini bar, floating garden, and Indian Ocean views. Breakfast and dinner.
Honzen - Japanese food, including a sushi and sashimi bar, Japanese barbecue and grill, and teppanyaki. Modern setting overlooking gardens. Private tatami rooms available. Lunch and dinner.
Additional dining option: Damar Terrace (Asian) Open-air courtyard terrace, lounge, and relaxation pavilion with daybeds serves an all-day menu of Asian favorites including refreshing salads, soups, noodles and rice dishes. Lunch and Dinner.
The resort offers the main Infinity Edged Pool; the saltwater Ocean Beach Pool; and the 2-tiered River Pool, featuring waterfalls, a spa tub, and a mist machine. The private, white-sand Kubu Beach is also on site.
The tennis pavilion provides 3 floodlit courts, while guests can walk, jog, or bike on the 1.5-km track winding through the resort. An miniature course is on site.
Langit Theatre holds traditional song and dance performances. Cultural programs, cooking classes, and onsite boutique shopping are also available.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Playground nearby
- Table tennis nearby
- Golf - miniature on site
- Running track/path on site
- Swimming on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The full-service Thermes Marins Bali Spa offers European seawater therapies, and traditional Balinese health and beauty treatments. This spa's sizable aquatonic pool takes heated seawater from the Indian Ocean below. Spa on the Rocks offers treatments on natural rocks over the Indian Ocean. The spa complex also provides cold plunge pools, steam and sauna rooms, hydrotherapy rooms, and a salon. Aerobics and yoga studios, as well as a gym, are on site.
- Massages on beach
- Beachfront spa
- Ocean view from spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 17
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Please note: In accordance with local regulations, all visitors must remain within the hotel property during Seclusion Day/Hindu New Year on March 31, 2014 (from midnight March 30, 2014 to early morning April 1, 2014). Check-in and check-out will not be possible on March 31, 2014.
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Early departure fee charged
Caters to couples
Caters to families
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 34 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.70 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: USD 7.30 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: USD 8 per hour (rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 68 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
One child 4 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in TUV Rheinland, a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.
- Ayana Resort and Spa Bali is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.