Please enter your travel dates.
Double or Twin Room
Superior Double or Twin Room
Neo-classical hotel and spa in old Athens
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Near The Roman Agora
Set in the district of Plaka on a quiet side street, this Athens hotel is near the new Acropolis Museum, Zappeion Exhibition Hall, The Roman Agora, and 500 metres from Syntagma Square's metro station to the Athens Airport. The tram to the Athens coastline is nearby.
Seasonal outdoor pool and indoor pool
Electra Palace Hotel has a spa with indoor pool, sauna and jetted tub as well as a fitness center, two restaurants, a lounge/bar and poolside bar. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available throughout the building, and there is a 5,382-square foot 24-hour business center onsite.
The 155 rooms/suites/units include minibars, laptop-sized safes, high-speed Internet access, and satellite TV. Guests can enjoy views of the Acropolis' ancient Greek temples from its upper level rooms and roof terrace.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Electra Palace Hotel is a smoke-free property located in the heart of the business, entertainment and shopping districts by the Acropolis Museum. A Metro station is nearby.
There are 2 restaurants and a lounge/bar, plus a poolside bar with the seasonal outdoor pool. The hotel's spa (open exclusively for guests) features a fitness center and an indoor pool with a jetted tub, cubicles for the sauna and steam bath, massages and body/beauty treatments (surcharges apply). The hotel also has a 5,382-square-foot, 24-hour business center with 4 meeting/conference rooms and a banquet hall - all with audio-visual equipment and secretarial service. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas (surcharge). Secured covered parking (surcharge), limo or town car service and tours/ticket assistance are also available.
- Pool sun loungers
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 155
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange
- Laundry facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 7
- Beauty services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Free breakfast
- Computer rental
- Concierge desk
- Exhibit space
- Full-service health spa
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Half board rates available
- Full board rates available
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Internet point
- Computer station
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Secure covered parking (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 500
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 4
- Year Built 1973
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 5382
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Technology helpdesk
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Secure covered parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Direct-dial phone
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Window opens
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
- City view
- Courtyard view
Guests of the Electra Palace enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning. There are two on-site restaurants, a lounge/bar and a poolside bar.
Motivo Restaurant - Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with a Mediterranean menu and Greek wines. Chef's specialties include Pork Fillet in Cream and Mushroom Sauce, and Fresh Sole Cooked with Butter, Lemon, and Parsley. The dining room offers natural light from two sides and has parquet floors, oak sideboards, and green upholstered chairs.
Duck Tail Bar - Wide selection of beers, spirits, cocktails, coffees, and soft drinks; all-day menu of hot and cold sandwiches. Oak bar lined with high stools, plus oak tables, Chesterfield leather sofas, and Persian carpeting. Terrace open for drinks and snacks in the summer.
Electra Roof Garden Restaurant & Bar - Located on the fifth floor, this rooftop gourmet restaurant and bar features panoramic views of the Acropolis and skyline (reservations required).
The hotel lies six kilometres from the Apollon Coast, which stretches from Piraeus to Cape Sounio and offers beaches and sailing marinas. Ferries and catamarans to the islands depart from Piraeus port, eight kilometres from the hotel. The best beach for bathing and water sports is at Vouliagmeni, 25 kilometres from the hotel. There is an 18-hole golf course at Glyfada, 18 kilometres from the hotel. These recreational activities are available either onsite or near the hotel and fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Swimming on site
The on-site spa includes a small blue mosaic-tiled indoor pool and jetted tub, sauna and steam bath. Massage, body treatments and facials are available (surcharges apply). A fitness room with exercise equipment including a treadmill and weight machines. A personal trainer can be booked for a fee.
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Hotel Registry Number - 0206K014A0013900
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 10 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: EUR 10 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: EUR 5 per hour (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 12 per day (in/out privileges)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 15 per day
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 1500, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through Green Key thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.