Availability: Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort
4.5-star luxury resort with 2 restaurants in Fortuna (Arenal Hot Springs)
This luxury resort is located in Fortuna (Arenal Hot Springs), close to Arenal Natura Ecological Park, Baldi Hot Springs, and Ecotermales Fortuna. Local attractions also include Ecoglide Arenal Park and Arenal Volcano National Park.
In addition to 2 restaurants, Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort features a waterslide. Other amenities include a full-service spa and a swim-up bar.
Plasma televisions include cable channels. Guestrooms also feature deep soaking bathtubs, complimentary wireless Internet access, and air conditioning.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Amenities
In addition to a full-service spa, Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort features hot springs and a waterslide. Dining is available at one of the resort's 2 restaurants. The property also offers a snack bar/deli. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the resort's bars, which include a swim-up bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This luxury resort also offers an outdoor pool, a children's pool, and a spa tub. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request), a beach shuttle, and an area shuttle. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort is a smoke-free property.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 2
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Beach shuttle (surcharge)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Total number of rooms - 102
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Room service (24 hours)
- Snack bar/deli
- Free self parking
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Children's pool
- Outdoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Swim-up bar
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Year Built 1997
- Number of buildings/towers - 7
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Coffee/tea maker
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Plasma TV
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Los Tucanes - Overlooking the pool and garden, this fine-dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Ave del Paraiso - Overlooking the pool and garden, this restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Reservations are required.
Arenal Wet Bar - This poolside bar specializes in international cuisine and serves light fare only. Happy hour is offered.
Cana Brava Lobby Bar - This lobby lounge overlooks the garden. Happy hour is offered.
24-hour room service is available.
Hot springs and complimentary bicycles are featured at the resort. An outdoor pool, a children's pool, and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a waterslide and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hot springs on site
- Rafting nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
- Ziplining nearby
- Boat tours nearby
The Grand Spa has 11 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with hot springs/mineral springs, a mud bath, and a spa tub.
Guests under 12 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Mud bath in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Hot springs/mineral springs in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 12
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, Discover
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- New Year's Day (1 January) Gala Dinner per adult: CRC 121025
- New Year's Day (1 January) Gala Dinner per child: CRC 28325 (from 6 to 11 years old)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: CRC 15192 per person (approximately)
- Additional Details
Local laws may restrict unmarried guests from sharing rooms. Guests are responsible for providing proof of marriage, if requested by the hotel. This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. A fee for a mandatory New Year's Day gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 1 January. Up to 2 children 4 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Luxury Eco Certification Standard (LECS), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.