Availability: Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw
Small modern hotel near the Royal Palace
Near Dam Square
Situated 100 metres from Amsterdam's Dam Square, the Royal Palace, Nieuwe Kerk and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, this small, modern hotel is housed in a 1911 building in a lively shopping and business district.
This charming hotel with a 24-hour business center is best known for its historic De Roode Leeuw (Red Lion) restaurant, which serves traditional Dutch cuisine on an all-weather terrace.
Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw's guestrooms have contemporary decor and all offer double-glazed windows plus free Internet access; prints of old Holland provide historical cachet.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw Amenities
Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw is one block from Dam Square and two blocks from Singel Canal, near both the metro station and convention center. The hotel's historic restaurant includes a brasserie-style patio terrace overlooking the lively street scene.
The small lobby has a 24-hour reception desk, flight-departure monitors, complimentary wireless Internet access and complimentary newspapers. The 24-hour business center is equipped with copier, fax, scanner, and printer. Roundtrip airport shuttle bus (surcharge), and public transportation to all parts of the city, stop in front of the hotel. Tickets for excursions can be purchased at the front desk.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 79
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 5
- Year Built 1911
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 377
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Conference space size (meters) - 35
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Soundproofed rooms
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Bathtub or shower
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- LCD TV
De Roode Leeuw Restaurant - Famous for its traditional cuisine representing all regions in Holland, the De Roode Leeuw is popular with visitors and locals. There are also French and vegetarian selections on the menu, and wild game in the winter. The historic dining room has wooden ceiling beams, dark-wood paneled walls, and Dutch antiques. Hotel guests receive a 10-percent discount on food purchases at the restaurant (subject to change; restrictions may apply). Open daily for breakfast buffet, lunch, and dinner.
De Roode Leeuw Brasserie - Overlooking the busy Damrak street, this glass-enclosed terrace is open from late morning through early evening with a selection of Dutch snacks, pastries, and drinks, including Dutch liqueurs. The glass walls slide open during the summer.
Guests can explore Amsterdam by foot, tram, bus, taxi, or canal boat. Bicycle rentals are available throughout the city for riding the bike-path (fietpads) network that crisscrosses the country. Vondelpark, about 1.5 miles from the hotel, is popular for jogging, walking, cycling, and roller skating. Spread over several hundred acres, this lovely park also features outdoor cafés, gardens, duck ponds, a playground, and wide open spaces for soccer, Frisbee, or soaking up the sun.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 16 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 27 per person (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 35 per day
- Late check-out fee: EUR 65
- Deposit: EUR 50 per night
- Additional Details
Children 3 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Milieubarometer (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.